Toothache is pain in and around the mouth related with teeth, surrounding tissues and in joint that connects upper and lower jaw.
Toothache can start with lot of different reasons such as ……
• With decay in teeth called cavities
• With gum infection called gingivitis in beginning stage and periodontitis in advance stage
• With exposed roots because of recession of gums
• With dental abscess
• With partially impacted wisdom teeth
• With chipped, broken and cracked teeth
With sensitivity to hot and cold foods
• With night grinding or clenching of teeth
• With facial trauma and injury
. With vigorous brushing using hard toothbrush
Toothache can be mild or severe, but sometimes it can be such excruciating pain that it can wake you up at middle of night.
The good news is that in most of the cases the toothache can be prevented when proper steps are taken in time like good oral hygiene practice at home and routine dental check ups in dental office.
More information is given in “15 Toothache Solutions”